In its 12th year, the annual School to World event offers 8th and 9th grade students insight into the world of careers. Albuquerque businesses, local government, and education have come together again to present 8th and 9th grade students with School to World, an event to light the pathway towards future education and career choices.
We are sorry to announce that the 2013 School To World event originally set for February 23, 2013 has been CANCELLED! The Albuquerque Convention Center is undergoing construction and will not be available in February. We could not find an alternative venue for 1800 students. Therefore, the event will not be held this year. Sandia National Laboratories has been a proud supporter of this event for 12 years and we regret we are not able offer New Mexico’s largest career exploration event in February. We thank you for your understanding and continued support of this event over the past 12 years. Questions: Amy Tapia, Sandia National Laboratories, 284-5207, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does School to World align with the Standards?
- Students will identify their career interests and aptitudes to develop an educational plan which supports personal career goals.
- Explore areas of interest and possible career choices.
- Understand the structure and function of business ownership in the United States, New Mexico, and local economies.
- Students will utilize and manage resources effectively to produce quality services and products.
- Determine the education and training requirements for careers identified as possible areas of interest.
- Students will demonstrate the technological knowledge and skills required for future careers.
Thank You – 2012 Sponsors!
- Air Products & Chemicals Inc.
- Albuquerque Evening Optimist Club
- Albuquerque Public Schools
- FastSigns on Menaul
- Holman's Inc.
- Lockheed Martin/Sandia Labs
- Sandia Laboratory Federal Credit Union
- Sole Comfort Shoes